Best Tanzania Safari Companies – Reviews & Ratings, How To Choose the Right Tour Operator
Choosing a Safari Company in Tanzania
Recommended Top 3 Tour Operators in no particular order
Seven Wonders Safaris Tanzania
New Bondeni Plaza 2nd Floor , Box 1118, Arusha – Tanzania. Tel +255 789 274 664, +255 765 820 506, +255 785 042 553,
African Legends Tanzania Safaris
Sykes Building 1st Floor, Goliondoi Road, Off Sokoine Road Arusha, Tanzania Tel: +255-754381788
Go Tanzania Safari
Plot 21, Arusha
How to Choose a Safari Company in Tanzania: A Comprehensive Checklist
Choosing a dependable company for your Safari in Tanzania offers you a chance to get the very best out of Tanzania’s beautiful national parks of. Although a Safari is one of those must do activities in everyone’s life, it can actually go wrong in a number of different ways.
Tanzania has hundreds of different safari companies, and each of these will promise to offer you the very best yet not all of these can deliver. Well we bring you some of the primary guidelines you can follow to help you choose a good company for your Tanzania Safari.
- Compare the Price-to-Quality Ratio
Even when comparing the same itinerary you will observe that the price quotation offered by the safari companies greatly differ among. The cheapest quotation will not be the best and be not surprised that the highest is also the same. So how do you deal with this? The trick is to look at the different activities you are going to do, where you’re going to visit and the accommodation you will stay in as per your itinerary. Focus on the price: quality ratio and where possible check out the prices of the individual accommodations and activities online to give you a better comparison with the price quotation give.
- Look at the Safari Company’s Resources and Setting
Always ask for the type of vehicles the safari company has to offer for your safari. Opt for nothing less than a four wheel drive car. In case you are traveling in a group, the company should be in position to offer each of you a window seat to guarantee uninterrupted views. Since you are going to spend most of the time on your safari in the car as you explore the parks, having a good comfortable car is very paramount.
Another important factor on you safari is having a good guide. Always inquire about the qualifications, experience and languages the safari guides the company is offering you speaks. He should be able to communicate in a language you understand as well as have several years of experience.
They should in position to acquire for you the necessary equipment needed for your activities as well as be properly licensed to conduct them such as hiking
- Prioritize on using a Local Company
Sadly, nearly 60% of the safari-companies offering services in Tanzania aren’t locally owned and using such companies might have its own setbacks. Well its every traveler’s dream to see that their money profits the respective country they have visited. The advantage of using local companies is that usually these are more knowledgeable of the different roads, best wildlife-trails, and relate best with the indigenous people. They will offer you a real feel of the Tanzanian experience.
- Double-check the Reputation of your Safari Company
Just as most online business there are always imposters so to avoid falling victim to these, please check the reputation of the company before conducting any transaction. Ensure that it is registered with the Tanzanian government. It should have a physical address, stable ownership and they should be in position profoundly answer all your questions. Check the various review websites as well.
- Ask for references
And finally, request the company to offer you a couple of references or past clients that they have dealt with. In case the company is not in position to do so, that is not a good sign. Also inquire about their permanent policy, cancellation as well as refund policies. These are all god pointers.
There are many tour companies in Tanzania, and most of these are commonly found in the Arusha and Dar es Salaam. Use these tips to find the best Tanzania safari company.
Searching for the safari reviews as well as recommendations, here you will find out what works and doesn’t work for a safari traveler.
- Researching tripadvisor, safari bookings, Fodor and other Tanzania safari resources to learn how, where, what and when to do an African safari.
- Reviewing Tanzania safari brochures as well as flyers of various safari companies especially of that specific country that you are visit.
- Selecting a Tanzania tour itinerary of the destination you are to visit.
- Email accommodation choices as well as itineraries to different tour companies to consider policies on prices.
- The Tanzania tour operator should be informed of the travelers’ personal issues, these include food allergies; heart condition, limited mobility, type of bed needed, motion sickness and many more. Here, the operator will advise the client in case a particular safari activity will not be carried out due to their personal issues.
- Making requests from the tour companies; these include; lodging recommendations, description of the safari vehicles, park recommendations, the main logistics of being on a safari and many more.
- Determining how knowledgeable safari companies are about the particular destinations. The traveler should be in place to ask questions including; Have you visited country x? For how many years have you carried out safaris to that country?
- Deciding whether the traveler wants to be part of a group tour or a private tour, wanting a large safari vehicle or medium size safari vehicle, want a well-known global tour company or a small one.
- The traveler contact over 20 safari companies and receives many prompt replies which shows customer care
- The traveler will then weigh the cons and pros of each of the safari company and then narrow the choices to two or three companies.
- The traveler should vet the selected tour operators and check to see if the operator is reputable and a member of a professional organization. Like TATO – Tanzania Association of Tour Operators.
- Contacting references of all the previous safari participants. The traveler can ask about the negative as well the positive comments about their safaris. Ask if former clients would use the safari company If the answer is, ask why not?
- It’s also known that a safari is so expensive and includes all inclusive room and board, transportation, international fares, airport transfers and a safari guide. You should be meticulous and examining the safari company.
- Evaluating the safari information. This can be taken by taking a deep breath and having faith in the decision making process. Go on and select a company that is fit for the traveler.
Small versus Large Tanzania Tour Operators
Large Tanzania tour companies usually advertise so heavily in order to entice western tourists. Here, the company’s reputation is reliable and is of high quality especially for those who have been in business for many years. Many global tour companies offer safaris to other countries while the small tour companies offer wildlife tours to one or two countries. Travelers are advised to fully check the reputation of the company before making a choice. Also check if it belongs to any travel organization. TATO which is Tanzania Association of Tour Operators as over 200 companies that are registered as members, for those interested in finding out the list of all the tour operators, hotels and the main national park information, Tanzania has got many websites to provide such information and it works for any tourist country as well as region.
Travelers are also advisable to take time and research about the tour company whatever small it is. They should check if the tour company belongs to any of the reputable safari organizations. Like the TATO, AUTO, KATO and many more.
Search for safari reviews of the safari company on the internet, in case you find that there are no reviews written in the past three years, visit Trip advisor Forum and get some help. This forum has no motives of answering advice and queries. Some of these are found in the travel industry and also sell services and will inform you of that immediately. Most of these forums provide key insights in the unknown and new destinations. All these are keen about the subject countries, and have a desire to encourage tourism growth.
Many Tanzania safari companies in North America have neither offices nor employees in the African continent, these only sub contract their own safaris to the local companies. After massive and careful deliberation, the traveler chooses a small tour company which is based in Africa like in Arusha Tanzania. This company visits, evaluates and also has firsthand knowledge of the national parks, camps as well as lodges. Here the local small company will pay attention to details, and also provide effective professional services to the travelers. The service quality here is so personalized and superior within the small companies than in the larger firms. More so, there are also many online reviews from the previous customers that convince the new explorers that this is the right choice of a Tanzania safari company.
Be the first to leave a review.